• By Ashe Lockhart • June 23, 2011 >> Every day across America, the spirit of innovation plays itself out as budding entrepreneurs hand in their resignations (sometimes jubilantly!) from regular employment and a steady paycheck to strike out on their own with grand ideas about the next big thing. Probably most ground-breaking business concepts… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • March 11, 2011 >> NOTE: Originally published on Sunday, November 23, 2008 on AsheLockhart.com. Republished here because sometimes a good rant cleanses the spirit and because the folly of Vista is as instructive today in the new normal of 2011 as it was in the giddy days of 2007 –… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • March 10,2011 >> It seems like technology prognosticators used to tell of a future without paper. They promised that all this marvelous computer-driven technology would make paper a relic of the past. Yet, somehow, our precious predilection for paper persists. In fact, it seems paper is more prevalent than ever.… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • February 17, 2009 >> Q. I received an email that went to many other recipients. All of the other recipients’ e-mail addresses were displayed. Am I legally allowed to use those addresses to send information about my business? Where can I look up rules and regulations? If you send an… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • April 30, 1997 >> In 1997, I co-authored a paper (click here) on the subject of internet service provider (ISP) liability for a seminar in Cyberspace Law at UNC School of Law. After reviewing it recently, I believe it continues to be relevant on the issue of third-party liability for ISPs. If… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • April 30, 1997 >> In 1997, I co-authored a Model Acceptable Use Policy for Corporate Internet Systems with several law school classmates who are identified on the policy web page. Although this was prepared some time ago, it offers a number of useful ideas to help companies set up policies to educate employees… Continue Reading
Our mission in life is to provide valuable, useful, practical legal services to businesses and individuals; to help our clients find opportunities in whatever they do; and to be engaged, responsible members of our families and communities.
a Charlotte law firm