• By Ashe Lockhart • October 7, 2010 >> I recently received an email with the transcript of the sentence read by the judge to Richard Reid, The Shoe Bomber. The sentencing hearing was held in 2003, and the Reid story is old news. But it is worth reading again now that some time and… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • March 24, 2009 >> A characteristic of the current, dismal economy is that managers, executives and professionals are joining the ranks of the unemployed in significant – perhaps unprecedented – numbers. This is especially true in Charlotte, where banks, financial companies, law firms and service providers are laying off large… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • October 8, 2007 >> I watched the recent Ken Burns documentary, The War — an oral history by and about about the men and women who experienced WWII. What a remarkable piece of work. In the third episode, there’s a segment on the U.S. invasion of Anzio, which went from… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • April 20, 2007 >> The law is something of a mystery to most people. In fact, it’s apparently a mystery to a good many North Carolina state lawmakers. North Carolina’s legislative branch of government (the General Assembly), with the apparent acquiescence of the executive branch (headed by the Governor), has… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • March 13, 2007 A while back, I received a tax notice from the Catawba County Tax Collector for a boat I kept on Lake Norman in Catawba Country. A few weeks later, I received a tax notice from the Mecklenburg County Tax Collector for the same boat, which, as I said,… Continue Reading
• By Ashe Lockhart • October 18, 1996 (originally prepared for Mere Dictum, the school newspaper of UNC School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina) >> The upcoming election [November, 1996] has caused me to reflect on my political orientation and how I got here. A good place to start is with my eighteenth birthday,… Continue Reading
Our mission in life is to provide valuable, useful, practical legal services to businesses and individuals; to help our clients find opportunities in whatever they do; and to be engaged, responsible members of our families and communities.
a Charlotte law firm